Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect
the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit,
pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer,
more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Our Production Operations Engineers will contribute to a cross-functional team that incorporates a
system-wide, holistic view of the TMC to architect, develop and maintain tools and
infrastructure that elevate the reliability and efficiency of the platform. You will work closely
with all members of the engineering organization to monitor production services, improve
scalability, and ultimately minimize the overall amount of customer-facing incidents and
interactions. You should enjoy working on time-sensitive projects of varying technical degree.
This position is located within the Engineering department of Autonomic and reports to the
Director of Production Engineering.
● Monitor TMC services within the production environment — triaging, resolving, and
escalating incidents as necessary.
● Employ advanced utilities and scripts created by Engineering to minimize
● Assist in analyzing code to identify reported bugs and highly technical issues.
● Assist in the design, development, and testing of technical solutions and tools
throughout the Engineering and Support departments to ultimately increase the
efficiency of current processes and procedures.
● Collaborate with product teams to define and measure product-level SLOs and metrics.
● Adhere to development standards defined by technical management.
● Understand the underlying architecture of the TMC and apply our methodology
effectively on client engagements.
● Analyze large datasets, including but not limited to tickets, incidents, alerts and logs, to
identify and report trends to the Engineering organization and company leadership.
● Participate in an on-call rotation to triage high severity alerts after hours, when
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Production Engineering.
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science
● 2-5 years of relevant experience
● Cloud native infrastructure (+1 for AWS or Kubernetes)
● Understanding of Kafka
● Leveraging monitoring and alerting systems (+1 Datadog, Grafana)
● Comfortable triaging events & alerts, conducting impact assessments, and determining
next steps (based on internal controls and SOPs)
● Ability to program with one or more high-level programming or scripting languages such
● A pragmatic problem-solver who can drive technical solutions that focus on our
customers and business
● A collaborative teammate that is comfortable in a fast paced environment
● Someone comfortable working across teams such as: Engineering, Product, Customer
Support, and Customer Success
● A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
● Excellent communication skills
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable