**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE**
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer,
more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
About the Role: Quality Assurance Director
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Director to lead our Quality Team, which is responsible for end-to-end quality of the Transportation Mobility Cloud. The TMC has been developed with a microservices architecture, and all our teams play a role in ensuring a high-quality product for our customers. With the growth of our platform and our organization, we are defining and refining the systems, processes, tools & environments to achieve a world-class level of quality across all the interconnected components of the system.
As Quality Assurance Director, you will be responsible for developing the vision, creating the roadmap to realize that vision, and leading and growing our team of Quality Engineers and Quality Analysts.
- Develop the overall vision for the Quality Team and create the roadmap to execute the vision.Design, build and manage the Quality Team, including roles & responsibilities, career development, and hiring strategy.
- Direct and oversee implementation of policies and procedures for all software quality assurance functions, continuously increasing service product quality and decreasing related costs over time.
- Define, oversee and manage accountability for the achievement of key performance metrics for quality assurance throughout Autonomic’s service products while providing input and strategic decision guidance.
- Evaluate and monitor organizational knowledge, practices, tooling, methodologies, and automation to achieve quality assurance objectives.
Direct all quality assurance efforts throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Plan, hire, grow, and supervise Quality Assurance staff, teams and managers.
- Evangelize quality assurance principles and processes within Autonomic. You will shepherd quality mindset and growth within Autonomic. This includes communications, challenging the status quo towards continuous improvement and taking full ownership of quality beyond individual roles and responsibilities.
- Optimize and direct all quality assurance initiatives and processes across teams.
- Lead quality assurance planning discussions and translate plans into quantifiable objectives.
- Work closely with Autonomic’s customer support and service team leadership and members to ensure our customers and developers have the best possible experience with Autonomic.
- Balance competing priorities to optimize the Quality Assurance roadmap and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software quality validation, standards and process experience, including test planning, automation, and tracking.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager of quality teams in an agile environment, with both technical and people management responsibilities
- Proven ability to influence across organizational roles in a complex technical domain
- Capable of resolving issues and escalations from operations which require coordination with other engineering teams
- Masterful communications demonstrated via written reports, productive and collaborative discussions and status reporting
- Ability to distill a working knowledge of software service products and the engineering processes used by multiple teams
- Attention to detail and possessing a “bias for action”
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills for processes, teams, technical challenges and to present favorable solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage urgent requests alongside numerous competing priorities
- Ability to drive progress within deadlines while upholding standards
- Comfortable navigating a path forward when faced with ambiguity or unexpected challenges
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to build consensus amongst diverse groups of people
- Thrives in organizations with high levels of cross-team coordination and dependency
- Passion for quality, and understanding what it means to “work backwards from the customer”
- Experience in a Connected Vehicle service organization
- Experience with commercial IoT platforms in large scale environments
- Experience with Software Engineering and/or Software Architecture
- Director or management experience with microservices architecture platforms
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to foster a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable