**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
The future of the automotive industry is in connectivity, software, and services – and Autonomic is leading the charge. Autonomic created the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) to provide automakers and developers with the first cloud platform specifically designed for the world’s automotive industry.
The Transportation Mobility Cloud provides a common language and a robust platform that is capable of connecting millions of vehicles across any company and any service. Vehicles are sophisticated and complex machines - from their vehicle configurations to their electrical infrastructure to their proprietary data formats. The TMC simplifies how developers interact with these systems through an API-driven platform that enables bidirectional communication between vehicles, the cloud, and applications for both end users and businesses.
Autonomic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
Telemetry Platform Team:
We are seeking a senior-level software engineer to join our product development team working on improving the process for providing access to connected vehicle telemetry.
Autonomic’s mission is to be the world’s leading cloud platform for connected vehicles. On our busiest day, we handle close to 10 billion signals (e.g., seat belt status), events (e.g., harsh braking), and commands (e.g., schedule over the air updates) from all connected vehicles types including electric and autonomous vehicles.
The Telemetry platform teams provide our customers with services to process and receive large amounts of connected vehicle data. As a member of one of our Telemetry platform teams, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining streaming services like our stream processing framework, conversion service, time-series database, geofence processor, and high rate bulk import and export services.
Our goal is to build clean data sets and design APIs that are accessible to our customers in real-time. We maintain world-class taxonomies to organize the massive amount of vehicle data we receive. Our customers use our taxonomies and data to derive insights and make critical business decisions.
We maintain a culture of growth, openness to new ideas, practices, and community that includes publications, conferences, and meetup participation. We produce bottom-up innovation and maintain a can-do environment for developers and architects.
We have the unprecedented opportunity to build the core systems in an automotive cloud with a passionate team making it happen. Join us and build something amazing.
- Deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development and refinement of our platform’s services
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle: design, development, deployment, and operations
- Design and architect stream processing systems that deal with unbounded data
- Build, document, test, and maintain scalable and secure high performance distributed systems that solve large scale engineering challenges using technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Druid, gRPC, REST, and Websockets
- Continuously improve existing code, infrastructure, and operational processes
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Acquire a deep understanding of technologies, services, and architecture of Autonomic’s products
- Collaborate with people in your team and across a broad variety of job functions
- Encourage, mentor, and coach members of your team
- Identify, support, and lead cases for change
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems, including the compiler/JVM/garbage collection, distributed systems, optimizers compilers
- Experience building and designing high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges
- Have a solid working knowledge of distributed messaging and streaming platforms, such as Apache Kafka Streams and you have career experience dealing with unbounded data
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using agile software practices
- Extremely focused with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed, take initiative, and excellent project management skills
- Professional, friendly, and approachable at all times
- Sound understanding of object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming principles
- Familiarity with Spring/Java microservices
- Familiarity with interchange formats + RPC (gRPC/Protobuf)
- Experience working with high-performance real-time analytics databases, like Apache Druid
- Experience building application in the transportation industry
- 2+ years of experience with mentoring engineers
- 2+ years experience as a technical lead on a product team
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable