Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
Our Development & Deployment Team
Our team helps Autonomic engineers iterate faster and ship higher quality software.
We build tools for every stage of the software development life cycle. We provide tools that other teams can use to quickly start deploying new services, provide CI/CD tooling, and maintain shared libraries that teams can leverage.
- Empower platform development and operations by providing common abstractions for bootstrapping, deployment, monitoring, and observability of a wide array of microservices
- Build services (in Python, Java, and Go) to help streamline certain aspects of engineering an application
- Enable, automate and generalize different deployment strategies to Kubernetes (rolling updates, blue green etc)
- Create high level abstractions that simplify traffic shaping in Kubernetes
- Build great software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Design, architect and build, document, test, and maintain scalable, secure CI/CD flows
- Look for opportunities to automate processes to enable more streamlined workflows
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of programming experience in a professional environment with Bachelors Degree
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Continuous Integration, and Delivery systems
- Working experience with CI/CD systems
- Working experience with building applications/services in Python, Java, or Go
- Working experience in shell scripting
- Working experience with containerization and clustering technologies:Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with native cloud computing platforms: AWS or GCP
- Experience building high performance distributed systems
- Experience with Go lang
- Experience using Terraform
- Experience with cluster level operations on Kubernetes
- Experience with interchange formats + RPC (gRPC/Protobuf)
- Have an understanding of how applications are build using Spring/Java
- Have an understanding of distributed messaging - queuing systems
- Experience with Code Analysis tools
- Experience with an Event Sourcing architecture, extra points if that uses Kafka
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable