At Automattic, we have the power to create opportunities for people in every corner of the earth. We offer people flexible, challenging and rewarding careers with true impact and scale. You could be on the outskirts of a jungle, living a nomadic life out of a van, in a major city or a small town that doesn’t have a central business district—as long as you have an active Wi-Fi connection, you could be an Automattician.
Our Talent Operations team is at the forefront of bringing the best people into Automattic. If you’ve been a recruiting coordinator, talent specialist, HR specialist, virtual assistant, or executive assistant—you’re likely used to connecting with candidates over email or various platforms (Slack, Greenhouse, LinkedIn), enjoy calendar management, and have a great aptitude for keeping track of lots of details. If so, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that candidates are scheduled for interviews and assessments, alongside other recruiting-related administrative tasks such as enabling Slack/Zoom access and uploading interview transcripts. You’ll play a key part in ensuring that candidates have a positive experience throughout their interactions with the Talent Ops team and with hiring managers across Automattic. You’ll also be empowered to initiate and lead projects to extend our recruiting strategies or optimize internal processes—we love and encourage innovation!
You have a very strong and highly refined attention to detail. You are proud of being nitpicky and take pride in a job well done, down to the smallest detail. You have experience coordinating a high volume of candidates and helping to manage the end-to-end process for recruiting alongside senior recruiters, sourcers, interviewers and hiring managers. You understand the importance of making sure every candidate in every stage has the best experience possible and understand how fast, efficient, and clearly communicated coordination throughout the process impacts that.
- Kind, courteous, and a highly effective communicator. Here’s what we expect from ourselves.
- Experienced as a recruiting coordinator, talent specialist, HR specialist, or another relevant role.
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Highly attentive to the details of scheduling and managing processes.
- Effective working over text, video, and other tools of remote work culture.
- Effective in conducting routine and repetitive tasks, while looking to improve ways of working to optimize time spent doing tasks.
- Technologically savvy—you’re able to pick up on new technologies, software and systems easily.
- Experienced managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A candidate experience advocate, ensuring candidates think fondly of the time they spent in any hiring process, even if we don’t end up hiring them.
- Someone starting off their career in Talent Acquisition who is interested in seeing what it means to build a business through recruiting.
- You are passionate about technology and how it’s built, and being part of the team that attracts and hires the best talent for Automattic and its products.
- A strong and creative sourcer, or are interested in upskilling in this area later down the track.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
How to Apply?
Click "Apply Now". You'll be prompted to answer the following questions in our application form. We read through all of these, so please go into as much detail as you like!
- Tell us about a time you used data to inform changes. Take us through the process and what the impact was.
- Tell us about a time when something didn’t go so well and what you learnt/what actions you took.
- What is something you don’t want to be doing in your next role?
- What questions do you have for us?