At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey!
We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. We are looking for an outstanding Growth Marketer to drive the global marketing strategy for the WordPress.com and Simplenote apps.
We want this candidate to have deep mobile app marketing experience and understand how to diagnose and execute mechanics that drive growth. As the subject matter expert for all things app marketing related, this role will work cross-functionally between growth marketing, product, engineering, design, and data to spearhead our app marketing strategy.
Our current top focus for the WordPress app is to get more of our web users to install and use the app. Much of this focus will be on lifecycle, CRO, and UX, so applicants with a background in these areas are preferred.
- Responsible for developing, testing, and iterating on marketing strategies to drive WordPress mobile app adoption. Using a variety of tactics and tools, you’ll need to look across channels and touch-points to drive engagement at various stages of the user journey. Determining the best time and manner to do this and how to drive app usage, will be key.
- Be the subject matter authority on marketing trends and advertising techniques in the mobile apps market and how they interact.
- Work with data, product, design, and engineering teams to develop and execute Go-To-Market plans for new features and functionality.
- Execute testing and optimization strategies while also measuring the impact of your efforts.
- Clearly communicate strategy, plans, campaign status, and results with partners regularly.
- Analyze customer data and external research to inform and guide growth strategies.
Experience in the following areas will be vital for success in this role:
- Technical Knowledge - in app marketing, email/lifecycle marketing, CRO, user experience, and upselling / cross-selling. Strong mobile app analytical skills, attribution measurement, and analysis for funnel and cohort-based performance reporting. Understanding of the WordPress ecosystem and platform is preferred.
- Channel Expertise - While UA campaigns are not an immediate focus, candidates with a breadth of experience across app marketing channels (SEM, ASO, ASA, paid social, etc) as well as engagement marketing channels such as push, SMS, email, etc. are preferred.
- Decision Making - Shows complexity in thought when considering resource tradeoffs in the pursuit of measured business impact. Acts as a highly strategic and influential leader within the team and among cross-functional partners. Can procure supporting data to make informed decisions.
- Communication - Ability to express complicated concepts in easy to understand method, with excellent written, oral, and illustrative communication styles. Listens to and considers alternative perspectives to identify the most efficient path forward.
- Project Management - Develops systems for accountability across teams, drives initiatives forward to completion, and measures estimated vs. actualized impact. All team members are encouraged to hone this skill as part of their responsibilities.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic accurately. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
- Can you share your most successful non-paid mobile app growth campaign/strategy? What made it so successful? Is there anything you would do differently looking back on this now?
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer will not be considered.