Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us!
We are looking for a VP of West Coast Sales to join our team!
As a VP of West Coast Sales, you will maximize agency and client direct relationships to identify new buyers of Tumblr advertising products, educating them on Tumblr and the full suite of Tumblr advertising and sponsorship opportunities. You will also hire, lead, train, and mentor a team of direct sellers to service west coast clients. You will play a critical part in crafting our story, shaping our culture, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Hire, mentor, and lead a sales team. You will be responsible for attracting talent that understands native app advertising and is highly motivated to revitalize Tumblr’s advertising business. We expect you to have a track record of hiring and leading a top-performing sales team.
- Partner with our CRO to fully develop go to market strategy, key success metrics, and team performance tracking. You will collaborate closely with leadership, finance, and operations to set team revenue performance targets. Last but not least, you will empower the team to achieve those targets and lead by example with the best selling practices.
- Partner with Tumblr Head of Ad Product to synthesize clients’ feedback into impactful product improvements, client feature requests, and ad formats that strike the accurate balance between community engagement and client happiness.
- Partner with the Sales Development team to structure compelling presentation materials for our clients.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data to propose and evaluate business impact and opportunities.
- Are a strong proactive communicator who has experience leading high-performance sales teams.
- Are a cross-team collaborator able to work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Have 5+ years of digital media sales leadership experience, with a solid understanding of social and native app advertising sales.
- Are a sales strategist who understands the marketplace, the product, and what it takes to move the needle with clients.
- Are a compassionate leader who knows how to empower and grow their team.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, fill out the form below. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team and why you’d like to join Tumblr.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.