Would you like to take part in building the future of our distributed workforce? Are you located somewhere outside of the United States, preferably in a UTC + time zone? Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing team of 800+ works from home (or any other location they choose), in one of 65+ countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place. Check out our Work With Us page for more info on how we work, our development process, and benefits.
The Human League (externally known as HR) team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked, making each person feel welcomed, included, valued, and respected. We are looking for a Human (Resources) Wrangler to join our team and help scale our distributed model as we grow.
Some of your responsibilities will include managing global compensation, administering benefits programs, analyzing employee engagement data, developing learning opportunities and programs, being a strategic partner to Automatticians, and promoting labor relations.
Do you have:
- Experience with a lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software, internet, or creative startup?
- An insatiable curiosity for new technology, gadgets, and streamlined processes?
- Experience using WordPress?
- Experience working with remote team members?
- Experience implementing multinational compensation and benefits programs?
- Experience supporting team leads and team members through all aspects of employment (onboarding, coaching others, brainstorming solutions, managing performance improvement plans)?
- 6+ years of HRBP (Human Resources Business Partner) experience?
- A passion for elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly?
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English?
- An ability to see opportunities to make the work environment better and the initiative to move forward with action?
Priority given to applicants outside of the United States. We are looking to expand our team and aim to reflect the diversity of Automatticians currently working with us.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. If your prior experience is within an HR specialty (i.e. Benefits, Compensation, Labor Relations) apply!
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please fill out the form below to apply. You will need to attach a cover letter and résumé. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- In one paragraph, describe your philosophy of HR, specifically addressing the balance between an HR employee’s responsibility to represent the company and the responsibility to advocate for team members.
- What’s your favorite HR tool and why?
- What’s the most compelling HR-related book you’ve read? Why?
- Tell us about an interesting HR situation you were involved in. What made it interesting to you? If the situation was an issue, how was it resolved?
We look forward to hearing from you!