At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, and more. We’re looking for a seasoned Design Recruiter to help us grow our world class design team to keep the web free and open.
Our Talent Operations division is responsible for the entire employee experience at Automattic – from hiring and onboarding to collaborating on growth and professional development. Within this division, you’ll join as our first dedicated Design Recruiter working alongside our Designer Experience team, HR, and other hiring wranglers from around the world in a fully remote company. You’ll help us keep standards high by recruiting and hiring exceptional design talent, no matter where in the world they might be..
What you’ll do
- Partner with Automattic’s design leadership team to understand gaps and hiring needs across the organization.
- Develop a pipeline and drive recruiting outreach to top and emerging design talent around the world.
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle, from sourcing to offer.
- Work with the hiring team to review applications, interview candidates, and drive hiring decisions.
- Manage external job ads and identify new potential sources for recruiting world class design talent.
- Oversee a smooth and thoughtful pass off from hiring to onboarding.
- Collaborate with our other hiring teams on process and best practices, ensuring we’re providing a great candidate experience.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience and knowledge of full hiring lifecycle including sourcing, qualifying, and assessing.
- A proven track record of recruiting designers who are exceptional at their craft and can deliver the highest quality digital products and design work. Ideally you have recruited designers for tech companies or digital agencies.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to our unique approach to hiring, as well as quickly changing priorities and business needs.
- Strong project management skills, with a focus on streamlining processes.
- A collaborative approach towards building alignment with stakeholders.
- The ability to work autonomously to manage all aspects of design recruitment, being hands-on whenever necessary to move work forward.
- A high level of attention to detail and an eye towards crafting best-in-class candidate experiences.
- Experience developing, implementing, and championing practices for increasing diversity in hiring processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
How we work
We’re a global, distributed workforce in over 70 countries. We value open source, prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Automatticians to work together across positions and roles. Together we create, develop, and care for a collection of digital products and services that are committed to democratizing publishing and commerce.
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done.
- We travel sometimes to meet up and work together.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels. Here’s more about what we expect from ourselves.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like to apply, fill out our application form below.
We are lucky to receive many applications, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry — it’s essential to creating the best products. We purposely build Automattic to be a place where people not only love their work, but also show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.