WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We work with customers like Salesforce, Facebook, News Corp, Slack, Time, TechCrunch and hundreds more to empower their teams to produce digital content faster and smarter, while also ensuring premium security and scalability. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive strategy and growth for our largest customers at VIP. This is an opportunity to join a team where your impact will be significant!
You will be a fit for this role by bringing extensive experience working with C-level executives at your customer accounts, and partnering with internal executives on retention strategy and expansion planning. You have experience managing a large book of business ($1M+) and feel confident steering complex negotiations with major enterprise customers.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our Benefits Page. Check out these links to learn more about How We Hire and What We Expect from Ourselves.
About the Role
The Group Account Director is part of the Customer Success team at WordPress VIP. They are responsible for customer retention and growth for some of WordPress VIP’s largest clients. You are the point person for the business, procurement, and senior product teams running some of the biggest WordPress sites on the web. You have the ability to view customer health holistically and seek new opportunities within a current account.
You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and being the customer’s trusted advisor. You understand that VIP and WordPress are the best partners to support your customers’ content efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with WordPress VIP’s most strategic clients, develop an understanding of the business strategy, and manage a total book of business of over $1 million.
- Develop high-impact strategies around customer retention and Net Revenue Retention.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities for growth within the accounts.
- Represent Automattic and WordPress VIP and build awareness of our products and services in the customer’s organization (e.g. WooCommerce, Parse.ly).
- Steer complex pricing negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Support customers through their full journey from onboarding to expansion.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses internally at WordPress VIP.
- Note: Some travel is required for this role (client site visits and team meetups). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all travel is limited and optional at this time. However, our HR team is carefully watching the situation and may revise the travel policy while implementing guidance from government and health agency reports.
- 7+ years of experience as an Account Director (or other relevant Account Services positions), Relationship Manager, Client Partner, or Director of Customer Success supporting large scale enterprise clients.
- Ability to work East Coast business hours (UTC-5).
- Digital content experience (prior experience with Content Management Systems or Digital Experience Platforms is a plus).
- Experience communicating and negotiating with C-Suite and other senior executives and stakeholders.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and customer empathy.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral, and presentation.
- Experience meeting and exceeding Net Revenue Retention (NRR) and Gross Revenue Retention (GRR) goals.
- Demonstrated ability to steer and de-escalate sensitive or tough customer situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.