The WordPress VIP team provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, Slack, and hundreds more.
Our team is part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
About the Role
The Relationship Manager role is responsible for customer retention and growth at WordPress VIP. You are the point person for the business, procurement, and senior product teams running some of the biggest WordPress sites on the web. You have the ability to view customer health holistically and seek new opportunities within a current account.
You pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships and being the customer’s trusted advisor. You understand that VIP and WordPress are the best partners to support your customers’ content efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a book of WordPress VIP clients, developing an understanding of the business strategy.
- Develop high-impact strategies around customer retention and Net Revenue Retention.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities for growth within the accounts.
- Represent Automattic and WordPress VIP and build awareness of our products and services in the customer’s organization ie. WooCommerce, Parse.ly.
- Steer complex pricing negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Support customers through their full journey from onboarding to expansion.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses internally at WordPress VIP.
- Several years of experience as a Relationship Manager, Customer Success Manager or Account Manager.
- Experience communicating and negotiating with C-Suite and other senior executives and stakeholders.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and customer empathy.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral, and presentation.
- Experience meeting and exceeding Net Revenue Retention (NRR) and growth goals.
- Demonstrated ability to steer and de-escalate sensitive or tough customer situations.
- Ability to upskill in WordPress.
- A deep understanding of Enterprise WordPress and our competitors.
- Prior experience in SaaS.
- Experience working in a distributed environment and with open-source software would be a plus.
Prospective Relationship Managers will be evaluated by the Platform, Application, and Premier RM teams.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.