Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Director of Payments Business Development (focus areas: payments, marketing, and/ or hosting) to join WooCommerce’s Business Development team.
As Director of Payments Business Development your responsibility will be to build deep relationships with strategic, top tier integration partners. You will work towards assessing the partner landscape, identifying opportunities, establishing and closing payment partnerships that expand market coverage, enable merchants greater payment capabilities, and optimize economic value exchange between our partners and WooCommerce. The success of any partnership requires a working cross functionally across legal, finance, engineering, product, and marketing teams to ensure the partnerships you establish have a long term consideration for implementation and operations.
- Identify and establish payment partnerships that increase the flexibility and compatibility of different payment solutions for merchants, increase the distribution and value proposition of our products, and generate additional revenue streams for WooCommerce.
- Work cross functionally using attributes of technical integrations, product experience intersection points, commercial terms, marketing and sell through as levers to optimize revenues associated to the partnerships.
- Develop and deepen executive relationships with strategic partners.
- Analyze partners’ market presence and product capabilities, have a deep understanding of partners’ offering and product suite, and craft a strategy for how the partner’s offering can enhance WooCommerce’s payment offerings.
- Create a prioritized roadmap for new partnerships and partner with finance to forecast partner performance.
- Contribute to developing vision and goals for partnerships at WooCommerce, and execute on the plan for shared growth.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and engineering teams across WooCommerce to ensure success.
- 7+ years of eCommerce experience, which involves negotiating, building, and maintaining strategic partnerships and integrations, ideally in merchant services, acquiring, payment service provider aspects of payments.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Proven success and a track record of delivering against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with partners and internally.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Experience working in a remote environment is a plus.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.