We are the people behind WordPress.com, Tumblr, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more! We are looking for a Business Operations Associate to join WooCommerce's Data+BizOps team to help improve business performance through objective data, analyses, and insights. In this role, you’ll work closely with business, product, and functional teams and to tackle Woo’s most important business priorities and challenges.
WooCommerce Payments helps merchants collect payments, understand their cash flow and capture recurring revenue streams. WooCommerce Payments is expanding and has a need for a business operations associate to help create meaningful insights through data analysis and operations.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to document new products, features, APIs and more. Responsible for documentation updates both internal and external as new versions of WooCommerce, WooCommerce Payments etc… are released.
- You’ll drive content and summarize how features work, clearly communicate the before and after changes, explain use cases and benefits. This work will also be used by our product marketing, happiness and sales teams.
- Create and standardize document guidelines and best practices for our growing engineering team.
- Ensure top-notch content quality and working with our cross-functional teams to ensure that documentation syntax and organization is kept up to date, and is clear for our end users.
- You’re willing to spearhead, guide and run with building and creating technical documentation that is clear, concise, and helps our growing community of users.
- Have at least 5+ years in similar technical writing roles.
- Are willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into crafting not only a content strategy, but refine how our documentation is organized, what is missing, and is ready to start creating.
- Familiarity with Payments / eCommerce, specifically WooCommerce experience would be highly desirable.
- Are adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Are able to quickly iterate and improve
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple functions and levels from product, engineering, operations, support, and legal.
- Have strong story-telling skills.
- Are a proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with setting and managing your own priorities.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.