WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for a Head of Product for the Payments group within WooCommerce. In this role, you will report to the GM of Payments and lead a team of product directors overseeing our checkout and payment products. This product portfolio includes our WooCommerce branded payment solution, payment partner integrations, and a new consumer wallet product used on hundreds of thousands of online stores and by millions of online shoppers.
In covering this major product area, you will drive the strategic direction of both merchant and consumer-facing payment products. You will focus specifically on leading the product managers analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our products to meet the needs of our customers. You will guide the vision, direction, and priorities to scale and transform the experience of our payments and checkout products and you will partner closely with cross-functional executives (business operations, engineering, design, marketing, customer success, and sales) to align business and product strategy, while providing transparency into roadmaps and managing expectations.
Your approach should both be transformational and iterative – with a passion for challenging the status quo and removing blockers.
This position is an opportunity to join a fast growing unit within a diversified conglomerate of internet companies that are collectively democratizing publishing and commerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross functionally and with Payments Leadership to set product strategy and vision for the payments product area. Drive growth of active users and payment volume through WooCommerce’s payment products and establish our products as the top option for WooCommerce stores.
- Lead a team of product directors to help them develop and deliver on roadmaps to realize the strategy and goals.
- Talk to our customers – merchants, developers, and shoppers – to understand their most important needs. Use interviews, internal data, market feedback, competitive research and your intuition to define the most valuable problems worth solving alongside your product and the long term vision for our portfolio.
- Be a key member of the payments leadership team responsible for meeting business needs. Influence business decisions with quantitative and qualitative insights, using your experience and empathy for users. Form relationships with leaders from Business, Design, Data, and Engineering to ensure your teams have the resources to make an impact.
- Rally team input and cross-functional alignment through planning processes. Maintain an efficient cadence for collaborating with other executives and leads throughout the product life cycle. Advocate for projects, secure the right resources for success, and work with leadership when goals are at risk.
- Own our product strategy, roadmap, track metrics, optimize performance, and report progress.
Experience We’re Looking For:
- Leading a portfolio of products, building a long-term strategy, and working with colleagues at all levels and across subject areas to realize that strategy.
- The ability to connect business strategies, customer needs, and available technologies to deliver best-in-class products and achieve business goals.
- Experience in all stages of the product life cycle, from successfully bringing new products to market, meaningfully improving established product performance, and also migrating a large user base from a legacy offering to a new and improved substitute.
- A good understanding of current internet technologies, and how web or mobile applications are designed, built, and deployed at scale. Familiar enough to work with engineering leads to make tradeoffs for prioritization and to scope projects correctly.
- Strong organizational, cultural, and people leadership skills. You are a strong cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Excitement to join a globally distributed team. Familiarity with distributed work is welcome.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.