The Experience Engineer’s role is to provide a product team with strategic thinking, manage the technical backlog, and run a team within a product area. They work with the group leader to create the execution strategy for the group that aligns with Wordpress.com's vision. They help identify what projects are necessary to achieve these goals and identify the metrics to prove these projects/initiatives are successful. They will help coordinate a clear vision that intertwines initiatives across teams so every member feels empowered and understands the “why” behind the features we’re building. We need a strategic leader to see this through with the necessary expertise to execute efficiently at scale.
- Create a strategic vision for scale, including introducing additional features, and identifying cross-team interdependencies.
- Creating project outlines, phasing out your delivery, and writing user stories where necessary.
- Organize and prioritize projects and features in accordance with WordPress.com’s goals and objectives.
- Implement and manage changes accordingly, ensuring project goals are achieved or issues are unblocked.
- Develop operating metrics to enable teams to ship and test effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and execute on all communication, from feature launches to change documentation.
- Meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building relationships with developers, partners, or with launching products.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- A clear understanding of business fundamentals and a familiarity in working with product data and business metrics.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of teams.
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal), detail-oriented, very well structured, with a passion for creating processes. You are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Experience in working in a remote environment is a plus.
- Experience leading small teams is a plus.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.