WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product that will shape the future of multi-channel marketing and selling for our customers.
As the Product Director, you will manage engineering teams and drive the strategic direction for multi-channel at WooCommerce. Through this work, you will be bringing together the right UX, content, and tools to help merchants grow their businesses based on their financial goals and brand intent.
While an adjacent product group continues to bring new channels into the Woo ecosystem, you will oversee the work that weaves all of the channels together, creating an added layer of actionable intelligence that augments WooCommerce’s value as a platform of choice.
You will also help define our portfolio strategy in regards to third-party marketing extensions and potentially lead a separate squad to execute.
- Are passionate about empowering users with the right tools, experiences, and education to grow their brands and businesses.
- Have a deep understanding of the challenges that users face when deciding how to invest and execute across several different channels.
- Bring enthusiasm for evolving a global commerce platform.
- Measure the success of your work based on results.
- Know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces; can plan iteratively and have an experimental approach, responding to customer or market changes as needed.
- Collaborate with Woo Leadership, Engineering, and Design Directors to set vision and strategy for our multi-channel experience. Drive ambitious OKRs toward establishing our products as the top option for Woo users.
- Lead Design and Engineering teams in a high-growth business and organization. Define and implement a focused product roadmap. Facilitate debate; influence prioritization; inspire contribution.
- Talk to our customers – merchants, developers, and shoppers – to understand their onboarding needs. Use interviews, internal data, market feedback, and your intuition to define the most valuable problems worth solving. Maintain product and discovery backlogs. Validate product direction through testing and MVPs.
- Increase our success in aiding our customers’ success through improving product experiences, customer satisfaction scores, product attach rates, and usage.
- Rally team input and cross-functional alignment through quarterly planning processes. Maintain an efficient cadence for collaborating with other leads throughout the product life cycle. Advocate for projects, secure the right resources for success, and raise to leadership when goals are at risk.
- Oversee product performance, track metrics, and report progress.
- 10+ years in the tech industry, with 4+ years of experience focused on multi-channel commerce.
- 3+ years of people management experience, with hiring and growth responsibilities.
- A consistent record of launching great products and driving results.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, at the right level of detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating and unpacking customer problems.
- Flexibility with decision-making in data-rich and data-poor situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.