Due to travel requirements for this role, we will be prioritising applicants who are based in the United States.
As a Sales Engineer, you will report directly to our CRO. Working alongside our Account Executive team and throughout the sale cycle, you’ll assist with product demonstrations, recommend solutions, and provide industry and product expertise to help our prospects and clients succeed with the WooCommerce platform.
- Conduct requirements discovery and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements.
- Position WooCommerce product capabilities against competition.
- Create customized product demos and proof of concepts and participate during demonstrations.
- Assist in responding to RFPs.
- Contribute findings and practices to the team, customers, and community.
- Understand Automattic’s products and services and how and when to position them.
- 2+ years of pre-sales engineering, technical product support or implementation experience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications.
- Experience with hosting solutions - ideally AWS, WP Engine, WPVIP, Kinsta, GoDaddy
- Experience with GitHub, source control, and open-source software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in a distributed environment is a plus.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.