About The Role
WooCommerce is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) / Sales Development Representative (SDR) to take our Sales team to the next level. Research and identify high-potential leads, convert opportunities, and help our potential customers large and small over the phone, chat, and via email. Own and build our sales growth by working collaboratively with Account Executives and Sales leadership. You will benefit from weekly training sessions but also bring your own entrepreneurial ideas to help evolve the role of the Business Development team at WooCommerce.
- Follow up and qualify inbound leads to build new opportunities for sales.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of WooCommerce and our Ecosystem.
- Conduct high level conversations in prospects accounts by articulating WooCommerce proposition.
- Actively maintain a sales pipeline with detailed activity in accordance with sales processes and methodologies.
- Develop and nurture a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver to the Account Executive team to further accelerate our growth.
- Setup QDCs (qualified discovery calls) with qualified prospects and Account Executives.
- 1-3 years of software or technology inside sales experience - ecommerce solutions a plus.
- Strong familiarity with LinkedIn Navigator and ZoomInfo.
- Tech-savvy and willing to learn new tools.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise and compelling storyteller.
- Fearless and positive attitude – willing to take intelligent risks while being a great teammate and you are resilient in the face of challenges.
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet goals, work with others and follow through to complete all tasks.
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in [automattic-country-count] countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.