We’re looking for an experienced Workforce Management Specialist to help manage daily staffing levels in the 24/7/360+ operations of our Happiness organization. You’ll work closely with our Director of Support Operations, our Workforce Management program manager, our Workflow Management specialist, and wider support leadership to ensure our staffing levels are optimized to fit the needs of customers, our business, and our support team.
You’ll be responsible for tracking, monitoring, and communicating all system issues and downtime and finding opportunities for optimizing our staffing levels daily. Your core focus will be to work closely with our Workforce Management program manager and help build a work program across our Happiness teams that is in tune with the needs of our customers, our business, and our Happiness Engineers.
We’re looking for someone with experience:
- Working closely with workforce management specialists to understand workload forecasts and how those inform our support staffing needs
- Working with a variety of in-house or vendor-based workforce management tools
- Comparing assigned schedule coverage and anticipated contact volumes to actuals and monitoring the health of the routing and technical solutions
- Determining the best ways to adjust staffing around to hit optimal service levels throughout the day and optimizing our team’s time
- Seeking opportunities for improving the processes we use to run short-term staffing to ensure the efficiency of support teams
The day to day work involves:
- Working with our scheduling group to build solutions for divisions that account for current business demands as well as exceptions
- Collaborating with division leads to ensure accurate staffing levels and to formulate efficiency strategies
- Suggesting scheduling changes and crafting new business models to meet the needs of our business
- Discovering new methodologies to improve staffing
- Settling a good balance between optimum scheduling and service expectations.
- Working as a team with our support leadership and our scheduling guild, completing daily schedule operations, such as balancing leave requests and re-routes to different tasks
- Managing, reporting on, and explaining drivers behind our metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Performing other job-related duties as requested
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. You will need to attach a cover letter and résumé in pdf format. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications, so make yours stand out.
Please answer the following question in your cover letter (applications without this will not be reviewed):
- Tell us some details about a challenging workforce management problem you worked on. How did you approach finding a solution?
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.