We are looking for the right person to lead developer relations for our world-class, open-source commerce platform, built on WordPress. You will be the primary interface between Automattic (the company behind WooCommerce) and the community who build in, on, for, and with WooCommerce.
Your customers will include individual developers and agencies crafting WooCommerce sites for customers, as well as developers, designers, editors, accessibility specialists, and more who participate in the WooCommerce ecosystem through direct contributions to the core software, extensions to supplement and customize its functionality, and theme builders who help make WooCommerce stores look and work beautifully.
This is a full-time, “remote” role available anywhere in the world with a solid internet connection.
As a Developer Advocate on our team, you will:
- Increase the number of developers building on and for WooCommerce.
- Measure and improve the reputation of, and sentiment surrounding, WooCommerce within the community.
- Actively increase engagement between Automattic and the WooCommerce developer community.
- Encourage adoption and acceptance of new and key technologies including Gutenberg, APIs, and WooCommerce Admin, by the community.
Broadly speaking, your day-to-day will look like this:
- You will actively engage with WooCommerce developers through participating authentically in face-to-face events (such as meetups, conferences, and hackathons) and social channels (StackOverflow, Facebook groups, community Slack).
- You’ll contribute to documentation (including client libraries, API examples, reference implementations, demo videos and more) and technical marketing material (email newsletters, webinars, etc in partnership with our Marketing team).
- You will solicit and collect feedback from all channels and bring it back inside Automattic to make it an impactful, and visible ingredient in our product development process.
- You’ll engage with and educate developers on major initiatives around WooCommerce.
- You will supervise and improve important health indicators. This might include the size of the developer community, the adoption of specific initiatives, and general sentiment amongst our community.
- You have prior experience in a similar developer relations/advocacy role.
- You’re adept at communicating technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- You possess excellent written English communication skills, and a passion to use those skills in an educational setting.
- You are a self-starter, and very independent. In our distributed work culture, it’s important that everyone operates autonomously.
As part of our core development team, you will collaborate with multiple teams internally. You’ll represent the voice of external developers in all aspects of WooCommerce’s future.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply and fill out our application form.
Please note that we are paying extra attention to your answers to the questions below. They are a significant part of the hiring process, and we will review them just like we would review any other step of the hiring process. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.