At Automattic, we have the power to create opportunities for people in every corner of the earth. We offer people flexible, challenging and rewarding careers with true impact and scale. You could be on the outskirts of a jungle, living a nomadic life out of a van, in a major city or a small town that doesn’t have a central business district - as long as you have an active Wi-Fi connection, you could be an Automattician.
Our Talent Acquisition division is at the forefront of bringing the best people into Automattic. Our division is responsible for everything to do with the experience of being an Automattician, from recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth. We’re looking for a Senior Recruiter who is passionate about Diversity, Data, and People.
We partner with stakeholders across the business and look after everything to do with hiring: process improvements, educating our hiring team on best practices, sourcing, talent pipelining, employer branding, and coordinating the entire recruiting process. We are very hands-on and active at each stage of the process.
We are a global team, with members based on six continents!
You have a highly refined depth of experience sourcing, screening, and coordinating a high volume of candidates, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. You understand the importance of making sure every candidate in every stage has the best experience possible, and could not stand to leave someone out in the cold.
Whether you’ve been a consultant, in-house, or at an agency, you’ve gained experience doing a bit of everything. You’ll perform full life-cycle recruiting for all levels of roles – from lead generation to hire! Over your career, you’ve built a book of talented professionals who reach out to you when they’re looking for their next opportunity. You’re proficient in using LinkedIn, social media, and have experience with common industry tools to maximize your impact.
- Kind, courteous, and a highly effective communicator. Here’s what we expect from ourselves.
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Keen to dive in and go deep on everything. There is no task too menial.
- Experienced in talent programs, employment branding, and analytics.
- A strong and creative sourcer.
- Demonstrable experience recruiting talent from the top of the funnel through to offer.
- A proven track record of implementing and developing standard methodologies for increasing diversity in hiring processes.
- Strong project management skills and a love for organization, including documentation.
- Ability to work very autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and a level of comfort with frequent context switching.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- The ability to advocate for collaborative decision making in a team environment; ability to influence without being directive.
- Strong general cognitive ability.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.