In this role, you will be responsible for the vision, coordination, and execution of quality assurance for WordPress.com product. In collaboration with engineering leads, you will define the testing strategy and issue escalation process within your division. A true partner to the engineering organization, you will look to optimize our automated testing infrastructure to provide engineering teams with the tool, and data to optimize product launches on the WordPress.com platform. You will build and execute a robust strategy, aligned with your technical lead, and develop relationships aimed toward improving quality metrics, growing testing coverage, and optimizing incident escalation processes across WordPress.com.
You are motivated by impact, whether that’s achieved by rapid deployment of features to assist users, helping merchants to run their business on WordPress.com, or working with high-profile developers to ensure they get the most out of the WordPress.com ecosystem.
Your style is to proactively get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and customers and to respond rapidly when called upon. You enjoy managing testing requirements and enjoy collaborating with members in various roles across organizations.
- Evangelist for quality who is willing to spread proven methodologies and quality approach to the rest of the engineering organization.
- Lead a team of junior and senior engineers, growing their impact, and supporting their career development.
- Develop operating metrics to enable teams to ship and test effectively and efficiently.
- Improve the process of bug reporting, prioritization, and resolving, incl. escalating high priority issues to the right product teams.
- Partner with development teams to ensure issues are resolved and tested appropriately.
- Help design processes that enable the team to scale, from improving how we identify priority, to designing ways to provide testing data and feedback.
- Meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for software quality, automated testing, or launching products.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software testing process, methodology, and best practices.
- Experience working multi-functionally with a wide range of teams.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal), very well structured, with a passion for creating processes. You are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Experience in working in a remote environment is a plus.
This role will report to the technical group lead.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting?! If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team!
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.