At Automattic, we have the power to create opportunities for people in every corner of the earth. We offer people flexible, challenging and rewarding careers with true impact and scale. You could be on the outskirts of a jungle, living a nomadic life out of a van, in a major city or a small town that doesn’t have a central business district - as long as you have an active Wi-Fi connection, you could be an Automattician.
Our Technical Recruiting team is at the forefront of bringing the best people into Automattic.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about Diversity, Data, and People. As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you’ll join us on Talent Operations. Our division is responsible for everything to do with the experience of being an Automattician, from onboarding, performance and hiring. Within this division, you’ll sit in a dedicated team of Technical Recruiters who are focused on recruiting amazing technical talent for Automattic’s companies and product areas, no matter where in the world they might be.
We partner with stakeholders across the business and look after everything to do with hiring: process improvements, educating our hiring team on best practices, sourcing, talent pipelining, employer branding, and coordinating the entire recruiting process. We are very hands-on and active at each stage of the process.
We are a global team, with members based in Australia, the US, Taiwan and Europe. You can be anywhere, but bonus points for being on a continent or country we don’t yet have team members on.
You might be at an agency or working internally, either way you’re used to dealing with a high volume of candidates, screenings, sourcing and juggling multiple priorities, managing a warm pool of candidates and working with demanding clients that have high expectations. Whatever your journey, it’s important that you have experience facilitating the entire recruiting process, and are able to partner closely with teams, leads and the business to hire great Engineers.
Our creed resonates deeply with you and you are:
- Passionate about technology and how it’s built, and being part of the team that attracts and hires the best developers for Automattic and its products.
- The ultimate candidate experience advocate, ensuring candidates think fondly of the time they spent in any hiring process, even if you don’t end up hiring them.
- Someone who cares deeply about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Keen to dive in and get your hands dirty and on everything. There is no task too menial.
- Someone who strives to understand the metrics behind what they do, to maximise efficiency, impact and continuously improve.
- A strong and creative sourcer.
- Technically savvy - we leverage a number of tools and platforms
- Passionate about Diversity and Inclusion.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated experience recruiting senior developers, from top of funnel, through to offer.
- A strong technical understanding of Engineering organisations and Engineering roles necessary to build digital products - web and mobile, working closely with Engineers to stay on top of business changes.
- Strong project management skills and a love for organization, including documentation.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to constantly be context switching.
- Experience working in a distributed and global team.
- A deep and thorough understanding of technical recruiting as a craft.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- Deep empathy for candidates and colleagues.
- Strong general cognitive ability.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply?
Click "Apply Now". You'll be prompted to answer the following questions in our application form. We read through all of these, so please go into as much detail as you like!
- Tell us about a time you used data to inform changes. Take us through the process and what the impact was.
- Tell us about a time when something didn’t go so well and what you learnt/what actions you took.
- What is something you don’t want to be doing in your next role?
- What questions do you have for us?
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.