WordPress VIP customers — including Facebook, Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, and hundreds more — are often pushing the limits of WordPress. Through direct customer interactions, the Enterprise team within WordPress VIP plays a meaningful role in guiding these large organizations by deeply understanding their needs, helping with architectural decisions, supporting ongoing development, and proactively identifying areas for improvement.
Our WordPress VIP Enterprise team is a diverse and kind group of people from a wide variety of backgrounds who bring excellence in software engineering, communication, and problem-solving skills to help our customers and partners do outstanding things with WordPress. We don’t just learn what makes these companies tick, we help define it. We offer more than support, we offer collaboration.
- Collaborate with customers in-person (or video), deliver analysis and recommendations, provide training for in-house developers, and work at more senior levels on strategic architectural decision-making.
- Understand the organization’s needs at a deep level, and be able to recommend standard methodologies and workflows as well as tools and plugins.
- Debug sophisticated problems and anticipate potential future needs and challenges.
- Review technical integrations, customer themes, and plugins, and give ongoing support of new features and functionality.
- Support our most significant customers by assisting other specialists throughout WordPress VIP.
- Contribute code to internal tools, data integrations, Automattic products, and WordPress core in ways that directly benefit our customers.
- Professional experience in web development.
- Experience in testing and debugging code.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, particularly with enterprise level platforms.
- Experience with software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Eagerness to learn!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
More About WordPress VIP
WordPress VIP provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. We’re part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below and let us know what you can contribute to the team!