WordPress VIP is the digital platform of choice for the world’s top brands and publishers. Our expertise running performant, secure, and stable applications at scale enables our clients to power high-touch digital experiences with ease. Our platform combines the unparalleled WordPress user experience with enterprise-grade infrastructure and best-in-class support, serving billions of web requests per day.
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer to provide technical leadership to our enterprise sales team, where you'll play a key part in building and maintaining the structure to support our sales programs. You’ll define and implement scalable processes and systems that deliver technical expertise, with a focus on consultative solution-based selling.
- Research and develop a sense of a customer’s business priorities and objectives including the competitive landscape in which the customer is operating.
- Utilize robust understanding of a customer’s business context to design a targeted and confidence inspiring demo.
- Lead or assist in the demo process; including building, running, and training the team based on our buyer personas and verticals.
- Partner proactively with Account Executives and Relationship Managers in gathering requirements from prospects and understanding how to remove barriers in the sales cycle to move deals forward.
- Identify key customer technical requirements, and develop a strategy to meet those requirements on the WordPress VIP platform.
- Drive proof of concept projects to demonstrate support for common as well as unique requirements for global enterprise clients (expansion sales) and prospects (new sales).
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype our Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on our Cloud.
- Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction.
- Contribute to the RFP/RFI process and be the primary point person on technical responses that Account Executives need assistance with.
- Provide technical education to the Sales team to ensure a complete understanding of our platform and services.
- Provide feedback from clients and prospects to help guide product roadmaps.
- Translate technical requirements into value discussions.
- Support the processes and procedures of the SE role, that can be replicated and trained with future SE hires.
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of technical requirements, competitive landscape, and business drivers.
We’d love to chat with you if you are:
- Experienced with WordPress project implementations, development, community, and standard methodologies.
- An outstanding communicator; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether presenting, talking on the phone, or writing a quick blog post.
- Able to bridge the gap between a client's business needs and technical solutions.
- Quick to resolve unexpected challenges, and collaborate with both developers and C-suite executives.
- Opinionated about how the power of digital experiences influence the inner workings of enterprise publishers and organizations.
- Able to translate common prospect and customer requests into important roadmap developments.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: all company travel is currently suspended due to COVID.
- Other benefits are country-specific and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.