We’re looking for an experienced and passionate product leader to help drive the future development of paid upgrades for Tumblr. Our mission is to connect content creators even more closely with their fans and community, enabling creative people anywhere in the world to make a living from their work via payments and commerce tools.
Personalization matters to stand out from the crowd, beyond just creative content. Showcase the best of Tumblr via beautiful themes and design tools, personalized domain names and email addresses. Then, enrich the creator experience with premium perks such as enhanced content analytics, verified badges, and priority support.
What you’ll do:
- Drive growth for current and future paid subscription products on Tumblr. Discover new avenues for growth.
- Own our strategy and roadmap to connect people with the upgrades, features, and customization options that are most relevant to them. Get colleagues at all levels on board with your vision.
- Be part of a leadership group responsible for meeting Tumblr’s business needs. Influence business decisions with quantitative and qualitative insights, leveraging your experience and empathy for users. Form relationships with leaders from Design, Data, and Business to ensure your team has the resources to make an impact at Tumblr.
- Work closely with engineering directors to coordinate all phases of product development to conceive, test, and launch features to showcase the best Tumblr content from 520+ million blogs and 150+ billion posts.
We are looking for:
- Experience in creating products and services for consumers in the online publishing or social media space, especially with recurring paid subscriptions as the business model.
- The ability to connect business strategies, customer needs, and available technologies to deliver best-in-class products.
- Experience in owning a portfolio of products on different platforms, building a long-term strategy, and working with colleagues at all levels and of all disciplines to make it happen.
- Awareness of current internet technologies, including how web/mobile applications are designed, built, and deployed at scale. Familiar enough to guide engineering teams to make tradeoffs for prioritization and scoping projects correctly.
- Strong organizational, cultural, and people leadership skills. You are a strong cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Attention to creating a safe and inspiring content experience for our users, regardless of their income, gender, race, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
- Excitement to join a globally distributed team. Familiarity with remote work is welcome.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting?! If yes, click the Apply button and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team!
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.