Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Senior Solutions Engineer to play a key role in aligning our products with our largest customers' eCommerce journey.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Be the product and technical lead for our largest and most strategic customers.
- Build and develop technical solutions based on your interactions with our customers.
- Collaborate with other Customer Success team members to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams, e.g. Business Development, Marketing, Products, Engineering and Customer Support, to identify the necessary resources needed at each stage of the customer journey.
- Maintain strong relationships with WooCommerce’s agencies and partners, and leverage them to build even closer interactions with our customers.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers, and align our products, services, and customizations, to support their and WooCommerce’s strategic goals.
- Support the organization’s retention and expansion goals
- Advise customers and partners to develop solutions that can scale to target performance.
- Work with customer, technical, and hosting teams, to scale hardware, optimize code, distribute content, and cache, to meet performance targets.
- Contribute to the WooCommerce community - most of what we do is open-source!
- Be a key advisor to our customers on Automattic products and services, recommending how and when to best position them.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Have proven experience building large eCommerce or software solutions.
- Have a solid understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem.
- Are an excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally, and able to adapt to different audiences.
- Experience as a PHP developer on WooCommerce.
- Active contributor to the WooCommerce community, or to other open-source initiatives.
- Experience working in a fully distributed environment.
How to apply:
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the form questions below in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed).
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.