The WordPress project is supported by a vibrant community of volunteers who are passionate about open source technology. We are growing Automattic’s team dedicated to bidirectional advocacy between WordPress Core and the broader WordPress community. Your focus will be communicating with community developers about WordPress, Gutenberg, and the surrounding ecosystem to build positive and sustainable relationships with WordPress developers and reduce barriers to Gutenberg adoption.
- You are passionate about open source.
- You are familiar with WordPress and its nuances.
- You enjoy the coordination required for software development and releases.
- You can see opportunities for cross-functional collaboration, such as in communication and PR.
- You’re motivated to help your teammates become more productive.
- You enjoy teaching and learning.
- You are a skilled and experienced leader.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and lead with curiosity when emotions run high.
- Open source contributions.
- Developer relations experience.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, fill out our application form below. Please include the answers to these questions in your cover letter. Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with answers will not be considered.
- Tell us about an interesting technical problem that you’ve worked on. What made it enjoyable?
- How do you use WordPress or its competitors? How would you improve one of them?
- What questions do you have for us?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.