Automattic’s mission is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product. As a Technical Account Engineer for WooCommerce Marketplace, you will help drive engagement with vendors and agencies to run their business on the WooCommerce Marketplace, by managing and understanding our clients and partners from discovery, through launch, and beyond.
Our Technical Account Engineers are the “voice of the partner” and our operational client contacts with high touch engagements. They understand their partners’ business needs, operational needs, and technical challenges to help them achieve the greatest value from the WooCommerce Marketplace. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent WooCommerce while advocating for partner requirements. Working closely with our programs team, you will provide advocacy and technical feedback to our engineering team, to ensure the voice of the customer is at the forefront of the continued development of the WooCommerce Marketplace.
Software development experience will help you succeed, however, coding is not in scope for this position.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and customers, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You collaborate as an aid to our partners, and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing project requirements, and enjoy working with members in various roles across organisations.
As a Technical Account Engineer, the core work is to:
- Respond to partners in a timely manner, to assist with technical queries.
- Guide partners through the onboarding process, as requested.
- Unblock technical hurdles for partners, either directly or through working with the engineering team leads.
- Proactively surface feedback and common questions and areas for improvement in both the onboarding process, and the partner’s day to day interactions with the WooCommerce Marketplace.
- Directly influence the automation, product development, and partner program through feedback and surfacing common issues.
- Creatively find solutions for common problems to expedite the onboarding flow for partners and products.
In addition, you are:
- Comfortable with a high volume of communication and switching tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Quick to solve problems that pop up, and collaborate with engineers.
- Accomplished at distilling goals and wish-lists into concrete next steps.
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Undaunted by managing risks in high stakes situations.
- Excited by kick-off calls and getting everyone on the same page.
- Experienced in working with WordPress or other web technologies.
This role will report to the Program Lead.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- Tell us about a recent product innovation (good or bad) and how it influences change
- Tell us about a time you had to manage multiple tasks, and how you prioritized.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and eCommerce.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.