As an Agency Program Manager you will be responsible for refining, building, and productizing our partner experience with a focus on Agencies and Freelancers. You will be the voice of the builder, identifying their needs, and creating solutions for their success. A true partner to their business, you will look to optimize our experience to provide them with the tools, data, and products to bring more merchants on to the WooCommerce Platform. You will create and execute a robust program and develop relationships aimed toward growing revenue, expanding services, and making WooCommerce the one-stop-shop for all ecommerce needs.
You are motivated by impact, whether that’s achieved by rapid deployment of features to assist vendors, helping vendors to run their business on the WooCommerce Marketplace, or working with high-profile agencies to ensure they get the most out of the WooCommerce Marketplace.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and customers, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You collaborate as an aid to our partners, and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing project requirements, and enjoy working with members in various roles across organizations.
- Create and manage a program aimed at growing our merchant base through agencies and freelancers.
- Create a strategic vision for scale, including how best to introduce additional services into the Marketplace.
- Create an engagement strategy to successfully attract and retain agencies and freelancers, against an annual goal.
- Think and execute globally, ensuring the right visibility within our community and our products.
- Oversee relationships with Agencies and Freelancers to strengthen our offering and identify improvements in the experience.
- Coordinate and execute on all communication, from individual requests to outgoing emails, blog posts, documentation, program changes etc.
- Oversee the onboarding, including vetting and contracting, to ensure a smooth process toward launch.
- Understand and implement tools and incentives that further enable agencies to thrive.
- Ensure compliance and validate standard offering, including specialized services.
- Help design processes that enable the team to scale, from improving how new agencies get started, to designing ways to provide data and feedback.
- 5 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building relationships with developers, partners, or with launching products.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a wide range of teams.
- You are an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, very well structured, with a passion for creating processes. You are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Experience in working in a remote environment is a plus.
This role will report to the Program Lead
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- Tell us about a recent product innovation (good or bad) and how it influences change
- What would you focus on to enable growth among our agency and freelancer communities?
- Tell us about a time you made a decision regarding whether or not to pursue a business opportunity, such as an acquisition, partnership, expansion into a new market. What decision did you make and how did you make it?
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.