WooCommerce is a leading commerce solution for millions of merchants, powering over 28% of global ecommerce sites, and facilitating 10s of billions of dollars of online transactions. We enable businesses to succeed, while providing shoppers with a seamless and enjoyable experience. The Finance team is looking for a Director of FP&A to help build the future of online commerce by developing and implementing critical initiatives with our team located across the globe.
This role has responsibility for developing a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models to deliver insightful analysis. The Director will work closely with Woo’s business leaders to ensure the finance function supports and facilitates growth.
Cultural fit is critically important and includes trust, professionalism, collaboration, and a bias for action. The ideal candidate is an experienced and analytical professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities. Strong work ethic, passion for his/her work, and the ability to adjust and adapt in an ambiguous environment is a must.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the creation of reporting packages to provide WooCommerce leadership with timely and informative results, and provide guidance on actionable recommendations.
- Ownership of the annual budget and 18-month rolling forecast of the P/L, B/S and CF.
- Organize and conduct management reviews on a regular cadence to drive decisions and actions.
- Analyze and extract insights from complex data sets and communicate insights and provide suggestions for action and improvement.
- Provide support and analysis on potential partnerships, acquisitions and growth initiatives, including standard financial models and metrics for financial analysis and assessment.
- Serve as a champion for cost management and waste reduction across the company by leading the development, monitoring, and reporting of key operational metrics and driving processes to improve productivity and efficiency across business functions.
- Conduct proactive industry and product research to support strategic decisions and analysis.
- 8+ years of experience working in corporate or business-unit financial operations with demonstrated success in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Strong technical understanding of the online payments industry including commercial terms, cost structures, and fees.
- Online payments experience across multiple countries, specifically those in North America and Europe, is a plus.
- Proven track record in M&A, including due diligence, valuation, and supporting integrations.
- Ability to recommend, influence, develop, and implement programs that improve competitive positioning and profitability.
- Experience in the Software/SaaS and/or B2C preferred and an understanding of how to forecast and monitor different types of revenue and costs.
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders.
- Experience creating business cases that guide strategic investments.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? Please include a cover letter in your application.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and eCommerce.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.