AutoGravity is auto financing in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining auto finance and building a platform that brings transparency and simplicity to auto financing. In the process, we are fundamentally disrupting the industry and improving the lives of shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you.
Introducing our Engineering team
Our engineering team builds elegant and scalable solutions for auto financing problems, delivering delightful experiences to our end-users. We are the technical heart of AutoGravity and maintain a strong engineering culture that emphasizes innovation, growth, and development.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a major role maintaining the quality and stability of our web (Java) and mobile (iOS/Android) products.
We are a small team, and are looking for people to make a big impact. This is the perfect job for you if you want to take on a lot of responsibility and work on some exciting new projects!
More specifically, you will:
- Promote a collaborative and communicative culture between Operations and Engineering by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale. Ideal candidates are highly proficient in Linux environments.
- Automate everything!
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Align engineering development requirements (including considerations such as compliance) with the capabilities of the infrastructure
- Anticipate future infrastructure needs and offer solutions
- Participate in the design, implementation and ongoing management for both software development and infrastructure operations
- Solve infrastructure and development issues ranging from simple configuration changes to complex multi-variable performance problems
- Drive requirements for cross-department automation and tooling
- Serve on the on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
- Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization
- Offer assistance in scaling and optimizing build and continuous integration systems
- Enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
- Design and write software to make your own life easier
As a DevOps Engineer you will need:
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Linux systems, networking and security - with strong knowledge of fundamentals and the ability to performance tune the kernel, file-system and VMs
- Broad portfolio of AWS services (CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CloudFormation, EC2, etc.)
- Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Ruby, Python, or Perl and Bourne/Bash shell script
- Continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins/Travis/Hudson/Maven/CircleCI/CloudBees)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Docker/Chef/Puppet/Ansible/SaltStack/etc.)
- Monitoring and log analysis (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, etc.)
- Managing source control systems (Git and Subversion)
- 3+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale, web applications
- Proven ability to scale applications horizontally with an engineering team
- Experience with Agile or Lean Software development environments
- 2+ years of administering database clusters (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra but not necessarily as a DBA)
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practical knowledge of networking for cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxying, DNS, CDN’s, firewalls, security applications)
- 2+ years writing recipes with Docker
- 2+ years of experience writing useful test-kitchen integration tests
- 2+ years of experience of administering Java applications
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Tomcat, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, etc.)
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in auto and/or finance industry
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.