Turn is a premium vehicle subscription service at its best. Turn is addressing the customers needs for flexibility with no commitment by offering feature rich premium vehicle subscription service through an established partnership with Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz. We are re-imagining options for car usage with more flexibility that allows shoppers to get the car you want with convenience that’s driven by one simple interaction. We are headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California and have an incredible team of auto experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
Finance at Turn is all about the numbers. In addition to contributing to the day-to-day financial operations to keep Turn running, we go beyond the mechanics of financial management, reporting, and accounting to deliver insights that improve our business as we pivot and grow.
As our Finance Manager you are responsible for managing and implementing the company’s end-to-end financial activities including accounting, budget, planning, analysis, and reporting. More specifically, you will (but are not limited to):
- Defining financial planning and analysis processes and creating and implementing accounting and tax reporting processes,
- Managing accounting systems, expense reimbursement systems, travel management systems, AP systems; establish treasury relationships with banks, implement banking platform and corporate credit card programs, prepare investor relations material, negotiation credit lines, etc.
- Forecasting and managing cash flow models and cap tables
- Spearheading Turn’s financial statement audits
- Work closely with the leadership team to quantify business scenarios, to develop business models and forecasting tools for executive team
- Facilitating regular reporting to and communication with Accounting, Controlling, Tax, and Tax Accounting teams at MBFS USA and DMO AG, Germany. Frequent communication with regard to financial or compliance topics with Daimler AG, Germany.
- Reporting, renewal of business licenses, and other affairs
- Developing and implementing corporate policies for all finance, procurement, investment/shareholding, banking, and risk management related topics.
- Ensuring compliance of all finance activities with corporate and local guidelines.
- Managing third-party finance and/or accounting vendors
As a Finance & Controlling Manager, you will need:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Investment Banking, or Consulting
- Exceptional analytical skills and proficiency with data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Alteryx, and Tableau)
- Familiarity with typical finance and accounting tools (e.g. Quickbooks, Expensify, bill.com)
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- (Preferred) Master’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, or an analytical field
- (Preferred) CPA or CFA
- (Preferred) Experience in a start-up environment; experience as being the sole finance person and can scale the team when needed
- (Preferred) Auto or auto finance industry experience
Turn is subsidiary of AutoGravity. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Agency submissions are not permitted.