AutoGravity is auto shopping in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining how consumers buy and finance their next vehicle purchase and building a platform that brings transparency and simplicity. In the process, we are revolutionizing the industry and improving the lives of car shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you!
Introducing our Engineering team
Our engineering team builds elegant and scalable solutions to auto financing problems, delivering delightful experiences to end-users. We are the technical heart of AutoGravity and maintain a strong engineering culture that emphasizes innovation, growth, and development.
As a Software Engineer (Front End), you will play a major role in developing our Web apps. More specifically, you will:
- Design and build new features for our Web apps to enable delightful user experiences
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, and tech discussions
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with product managers and designers to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and implement pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues
As a Software Engineer (Front End), you will need:
- 5 + years of experience in web software engineering, preferably in a high-growth tech company
- Solid OOP/FP and software design skills to create extensible/reusable software, meet architectural objectives
- Passion and willingness to improve in the web space
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong knowledge of:
- Foundations of the latest EcmaScript
- Debugging using breakpoints, profilers and network inspectors
- Front-end frameworks, preferably React.js
- Integrations with HTTP REST webservices, GraphQL and Websockets
- Understand the concept of CI/CD and Docker containers
- Browser’s APIs like WebWorkers, ServiceWorkers, Geolocation and LocalStorage
- Design patterns like Redux
- Translating designs to UI code from design comps
- SQL, NoSQL storage types
- CSS properties and selectors, box model and page layout techniques
- Clear and clean componentization skills
- Forms and form handling in React framework
- CSS-in-JS concepts and implementation
- Knowledge of Reactive Observables and Singleton
- Bachelor's degree in computer science of related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in auto and/or finance industry
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.