AutoGravity is auto shopping in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining how consumers buy and finance their next vehicle purchase and building a platform that brings transparency and simplicity. In the process, we are revolutionizing the industry and improving the lives of car shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you!
Introducing our Engineering team
Our engineering team builds elegant and scalable solutions for auto financing problems, delivering delightful experiences to our end-users. We are the technical heart of AutoGravity and maintain a strong engineering culture that emphasizes innovation, growth, and development.
As a Software Engineer (Java), you will play a major role in developing our core backend infrastructure and building integrations with our platform partners. More specifically, you will:
- Spearhead and build integration pipelines between our platform and leading banks and dealerships
- Build robust and scalable software using Java and microservices
- Create REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, and technological discussions
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with product managers, BAs and designers to understand end-user requirements
- Formulate use cases, and implement pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues
As a Software Engineer (Java), you will need:
- 2 –4 years of experience in backend software engineering, preferably in a high-growth tech company
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge to create extensible and reusable software that meets architectural objectives
- Track record of building complex, highly scalable systems
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Deep knowledge of:
- Spring framework (spring boot is a plus).
- ORM (Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data,.etc.)
- Building/consuming secured SOAP/Restful Web Services
- SQL and noSql databases
- Design Patterns
- GIT, Maven or Gradle
- Highly Preferred Experience in:
- Message Queues Integration
- Software architecture patterns
- Familiar with Security concepts like, Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (ddos, sql injections, person-in-the-middle, …etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security
- Exceptional Candidates Will Have:
- Concept of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with building highly scalable systems
- Experience with automotive and financial software and processes
- (Preferred) Experience in auto and/or finance industry
- (Required) Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or related field
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.