AutoGravity is auto shopping in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining how consumers buy and finance their next vehicle purchase and building a platform that brings transparency and simplicity. In the process, we are revolutionizing the industry and improving the lives of car shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you!
Introducing our Engineering team
Our engineering team builds elegant and scalable solutions for auto financing problems, delivering delightful experiences to our end-users. We are the technical heart of AutoGravity and maintain a strong engineering culture that emphasizes innovation, growth, and development.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will play a major role maintaining the quality and stability of our web, backend and mobile products. More specifically, you will:
- Promote a collaborative and communicative culture between Operations and Engineering by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale. Ideal candidates are highly proficient in Linux environments.
- Automate everything!
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form and end-to-end solution.
- Align engineering development requirements (including considerations such as compliance), with capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Anticipate future infrastructure needs and offer solutions.
- Participate in the design, implementation and on-going management for both software development and infrastructure operations.
- Solve infrastructure and development issues ranging from simple configuration changes to complex, multi variable performance problems.
- Drive requirements for cross-department automation and tooling.
- Serve on the on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents.
- Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization.
- Offer assistance in scaling an optimizing build and continuous integration systems.
- Enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will need:
- A strong Linux background.
- Experience working with containers (Docker & Amazon ECS).
- Experience with AWS Services (EC2, RDS, Route 53, S3, EFS, Cloudfront, Elasticache).
- Very strong programming abilities in at least one scripting or shell language such as Python, Ruby, Bourne/Bash shell script.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins).
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Rancher/Terraform/Chef/Cloud-formation).
- Monitoring and log analysis experience (NewRelic, ELK Stack, Nagios).
- Experience managing source control systems (GIT).
- Proven ability to scale applications horizontally with an engineering team.
- Experience with Agile or Lean software development environments.
- Practical knowledge of networking for cloud-based internet applications (load balancing, reverse proxying, DNS, routing and subnetting, CDNs, firewalls and security applications).
- 6+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale web applications.
- 4+ years of administering database clusters (MySQL, ProtgreSQL, MongoDB, Redshift, Cassandra but not necessarily as a DBA).
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- (Preferred) 2+ years of experience administering JMX monitored applications.
- (Preferred) Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- (Preferred) Experience with Rancher 2.0, EKS, or Kubernetes.
- (Preferred) Experience with GitHub Enterprise.
- (Preferred) Experience architecting and provisioning DR failover systems.
- (Preferred) bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- (Preferred) Experience in the auto/FinTech industry
- (Preferred) Experience working in a startup environment.
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.