AutoGravity is auto financing in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining auto finance and building a digital platform that brings transparency and simplicity, putting consumers in control of their car buying experience. In the process, we are improving the lives of shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you.
Introducing our Engineering team
Our engineering team builds elegant and scalable solutions for auto financing problems, delivering delightful experiences to our end-users. We are the technical heart of AutoGravity and maintain a strong engineering culture that emphasizes innovation, growth, and development.
As a Sr. Java Engineer, you will play a major role in developing our core back-end infrastructure and building integrations with our platform partners. More specifically, you will:
- Spearhead and build integrations between our platform and leading banks and dealerships
- Build robust and scalable software in Java/J2EE and develop object-oriented software in Java
- Design and develop services and system architecture for your projects
- Create REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms
- Build Java-based back-end apps and REST API services
- Improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, and technological discussions
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with product managers, BAs, and designers to understand end-user requirements
- Formulate use cases, and implement pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues
- Pitch in and support other functions (e.g. product) as needed
As a Sr. Java Engineer, you will need:
- 3 –5 years of experience in back-end software engineering, preferably in a high-growth tech company
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge to create extensible and reusable software that meets architectural objectives
- Track record of building complex, highly scalable systems
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Deep knowledge of:
- Spring framework.
- ORM (Hibernate, JPA, TopLink,….etc)
- 3rd Party Integration Experience (Building/consuming SOAP/Restful Web Services
- DB Experience (MySQL, Oracle or SQLServer)
- Design Patterns
- Highly Preferred Experience in:
- Message Queues Integration
- Software Design skill (architectural skill)
- Experience with building highly scalable systems
- Familiar with Security concepts like, Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (ddos, sql injections, person-in-the-middle, …etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security
- GIT, Maven
- Exceptional Candidates Will Have:
- Security Certifications (CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP)
- Experience with automotive and financial software and processes
- (Preferred) Experience in auto and/or finance industry
- (Required) Bachelor's or graduate degree in computer science or related field
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.