AutoGravity is auto shopping in the palm of your hand. We are re-imagining how consumers buy and finance their next vehicle purchase and building a platform that brings transparency and simplicity. In the process, we are revolutionizing the industry and improving the lives of car shoppers, dealers, and lenders along the way. We are well-funded and headquartered in beautiful Irvine, California. We have an incredible team of auto finance experts, startup veterans, and product gurus.
All we need now is you.
Introducing our Finance & Strategy Team
Finance & Strategy at AutoGravity is all about the numbers. In addition to managing the day-to-day financial operations to keep AutoGravity running, we go beyond the mechanics of financial management, reporting, and accounting to deliver insights that improve our business.
As a Director of Compliance you have end-to-end responsibility for AutoGravity’s compliance external laws and regulations, and internal policy design. More specifically, you will:
- Own the overall compliance approach and drive continuous improvement in compliance policies
- Develop and maintain the compliance management program to ensure operational activities meet all state and federal agency regulations (includes standard for the Fin-Tech and Banking industry)
- Design and document internal policies (e.g. data storage) and procedures (e.g. four-eyes approach), in close collaborations with senior management, to mitigate compliance risks
- Conduct assessments to identify controls, operations gaps and process improvements
- Report regularly to the CFO, COO and Board of Directors on results of compliance efforts
- Be a confidential contact (i.e. “Ombudsman”) for employees to raise compliance concerns
- Investigate and resolve potential compliance issues or escalate to senior management
- Manage compliance training program for employees and managers; communicate federal, state, local laws and regulations that impact the business
- Be the face of AutoGravity to regulatory bodies and relevant third parties (e.g. external compliance managers)
- Consult on other legal matters and pitch in to support other functions (e.g. Operations) as needed
As a Director of Compliance at AutoGravity, you will need:
- Working knowledge of compliance best practices and program design in auto finance
- Command of US and California employment, auto finance and data protection laws and regulations
- Distinctive problem-solving ability to understand implications of various policy choices
- Exceptional project management skills to drive initiatives from concept to completion
- Strong communication skills and mediation abilities
- Strategic perspective and executive presence
- 5+ years + of experience in a compliance or related role
- BS/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- Experience in auto and/or finance industry
- (Preferred) Certified Professional Compliance Officer or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more and apply visit us at www.autogravity.com/careers
Agency submissions are not permitted, with the exception of vendors that have been explicitly approved by AutoGravity. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened. Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. Interested applicants may apply through the website at www.autogravity.com/careers
AutoGravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.