What is Autograph?
Autograph is an NFT platform that brings together the most iconic brands and legendary names in sports, entertainment and culture to create unique digital collections and experiences for our users. Co-founded by Tom Brady and headquartered in Los Angeles, Autograph is ushering in a new era of collecting through a streamlined and inclusive process, authentic and creative products and exclusive partnerships.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our Tech Team. This individual will play a leading role in maintaining, refining, and growing Autograph’s APIs and core services. Autograph’s backend infrastructure touches a large array of technologies and you will be responsible not just for code but overall project direction and growth. This is foundational work that will help drive us towards building a world-class NFT experience.
- Feature development for core infrastructure and APIs. Everything from ideation to seeing it deployed. This includes architecture planning (on the monolith, microservice, etc), integration, actually writing code, making sure it gets tested, and seeing it through to deployment. (not necessarily on your own).
- Maintenance and scaling of our existing services. We have a backend which interacts with a plethora of services and platforms (everything from partner APIs to blockchains), encodes media in numerous ways, leverages queueing to manage real-time IPFS pinning and token minting, etc. Those services can always be improved.
- Contribute to conversations around scaling and growing our services. A lot of what we do is new or novel in some way and as a result undocumented or unknown, you are expected to want to explore those things. Document them after.
- Work in collaboration with UX engineers and product managers to implement platform requirements.
- Write robust, scalable, well-designed software that is easy to maintain and well tested
- Push and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices
- You have experience building APIs and backend services using Nodejs/Typescript/MongoDB (or similar technologies). Years or impact.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- You have experience developing and/or integrating decentralized technologies, infrastructure, and data systems
- You know how to use git and version control, and why
- You want to scale complicated things and work on web3
- You can drive and execute several initiatives simultaneously
- You take ownership of everything you do and have opinions on the features you’re working on (and maybe even the state of web3)
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Commitment to long term impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team oriented
- Previous startup experience
- You care about documentation and testing
At Autograph, we value variety in our team, and we know diversity and differences make us better and smarter. To best reflect and represent our partners, customers, and the culture around us, we strive to create a team that brings to bear different backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences. We are actively working to create a work community here at Autograph which promotes equity and inclusion for all. This is what our audiences and communities deserve. We believe that equal opportunity helps us all to succeed and thrive. If you see a position that looks exciting, and where you feel you can contribute your insights and talents, we welcome your interest in joining the Autograph community.
Autograph offers a full slate of benefits in addition to competitive compensation and equity compensation, including; medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life and disability coverages, flexible spending account, and a parental leave program. We also offer flexible time off and well-being support – including physical, mental, and financial wellness resources, and an employee discount program.