Autograph enables communities of fans to get closer to the things they love and each other. Autograph’s NFT platform brings together the most iconic brands and recognizable names across sports, entertainment, and culture to create unique digital collections, access, and experiences for fans and communities around the world. Co-founded by Tom Brady and headquartered in Los Angeles, Autograph is creating new avenues and opportunities for fans to experience and engage with the teams and talent they love through a streamlined and inclusive process, authentic and creative products, and exclusive partnerships. Come join us in building the future of fandom!
Autograph is looking for a thoughtful and experienced Controller to help develop, manage and scale its accounting systems, processes, and controls. You will lead and oversee all accounting and controllership functions for Autograph, including general accounting procedures and operations, financial reporting, accounting policies and compliance, payroll, internal controls, annual audit, opex budget forecasting & planning, and tax preparation.
You will engage with leaders to drive financial strategy and execution. You will be responsible for developing and maturing accounting operations and implementing robust financial policies and practices that will enable Autograph to grow and scale over time. You will report to the COO/CBO and will manage a small team which will grow as the company matures. Additionally, you will:
- Oversee all Accounting and Payroll activities including the month-end close process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Work cross-functionally to prepare annual OpEx budgets.
- Actively track and manage OpEx budgets by performing monthly variance analysis and partnering with management to initiate adjustments as necessary.
- Develop, monitor and maintain Corporate Accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with GAAP, internal policies, external audits and other regulations.
- Manage the audit process and external relationships including financial institutions and CPA firms.
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting in conjunction with a 3rd party provider.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy.
- Manage cash flow.
You are someone who enjoys flexing between being strategic and tactical. You enjoy working independently and ‘getting your hands dirty’ producing original, detailed work, as well as engaging with and influencing a variety of people across the business to discuss strategies and methodologies. You are adept at building cross-functional relationships and facilitating collaboration. You are comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and you have a demonstrated track record of executing on projects from concept to completion.
- 8+ years experience, including as mid-level accounting manager or equivalent
- CPA or equivalent (e.g., Masters in Accounting)
- Experience in technical accounting and controllership functions. Public accounting, Big 4 experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Controller (or equivalent position) in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong technical accounting knowledge; technically and operationally knowledgeable in GAAP
- Unquestionable integrity
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail; devotion to documentation!
- A “bias-for-action” and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Exceptional organization skills & ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for thinking outside the box to tackle complex problems
- Demonstrated strength leveraging data and qualitative insights to drive decision making
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills
- Experience with financial audit engagements (as owner of the engagement)
- Ownership mindset with a high degree of accountability
- Experience with Workday Financials
- Prior experience in media, gaming, tech, or related industries
- Interest in Web3, blockchain, cryptocurrencies
- Familiarity with NFT space and corporate tax
At Autograph, we value variety in our team, and we know diversity and differences make us better and smarter. To best reflect and represent our partners, customers, and the culture around us, we strive to create a team that brings to bear different backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences. We are actively working to create a work community here at Autograph which promotes equity and inclusion for all. This is what our audiences and communities deserve. We believe that equal opportunity helps us all to succeed and thrive.
If you see a position that looks exciting, and where you feel you can contribute your insights and talents, we welcome your interest in joining the Autograph team.
Working at Autograph:
Autograph offers a full slate of benefits in addition to competitive compensation, including:
- Equity compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverages
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave program
- Flexible time off
- Well-being support – including physical, mental, and financial wellness resources, and an employee discount program.
For positions in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in accordance with the local Fair Chance ordinances.
Please Note: Autograph does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruiters or agencies without a mutual written agreement in place. Any resume or candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or unsolicited to any Autograph employee) and without a prior written agreement will be deemed to be the sole property of Autograph, and no fee will be owed should the candidate receive an offer of employment.
Autograph is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Autograph has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC), unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved or as otherwise required by law.