Our Adept Games studio is seeking a Graphics focused Software Engineer to help our games across multiple platforms look amazing. In this role you’ll collaborate closely with the product owners, designers, artists, QA, and other engineers to understand and then solve the graphics technical challenges for the games. Ultimately you will be responsible for enabling the artists and game-play engineers to create amazing and engaging visuals for our games on console, PC, and mobile.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, artists, and programmers to create and maintain graphics related technical design documents, inform milestone schedules, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Design and develop graphics solutions that create amazing visuals and get the most from our various platforms.
- Work with multiple game teams to help them establish graphics budgets, identify and solve rendering issues, and improve graphical performance.
- Help technical artists and tools engineers to develop our art pipeline to get the most our of our art assets.
- 5+ years of game development experience focusing on graphics solutions.
- Worked on at least one commercial video game through the entire development life-cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, development and optimization skills with Unity.
- Knowledge of Unity's new scriptable render pipelines.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing innovative graphics solutions.
- Experience developing for either XBox or Playstation consoles (or both).
- Great communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
Location Note: During the current health situation all of our work is being conducted remotely. In the future, we do hope to have our team working together again in person in the greater Seattle area but it is unknown when this will happen. For now, a candidate would need to be able to have a strong work ethic to meet deadlines while working remotely and be able to have a consistent high-speed internet connection to work from their home location.