Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Director, Engineering - Identity Security
Auth0 is seeking a Director to lead our Identity Security Domain. This domain combines the teams building and maintaining a range of security products that protect our customers and the Auth0 platform from ever-changing CIAM threats. They are the products that our customers depend on to protect their applications and it’s critical that they are dynamic, resilient, and accurate.
Identity Security is an exciting area of expansion for Auth0. We are looking for a leader who can deliver our current product roadmap while also creating a culture of R&D that will ensure we are constantly innovating in the security space.
This role can be remote from the US or Canada
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to build the next generation of Security products.
- Work with Senior Stakeholders in Product delivery to create a strategy for delivering the product roadmap. Partner with Program Management and Engineering leadership in quarterly and yearly planning.
- Leverage Threat Research team to ensure the continued efficacy of these products against ever-changing threats. Create a culture of continual data-driven innovation in a very competitive space.
- Build multidisciplinary Engineering teams who own their full product stack, from data processing to the UI.
- Lead, mentor, and coach Engineering managers who are running distributed teams.
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of high growth.
- Maintain our high security, performance, and availability SLA’s as we rapidly scale for customers with 100M+ monthly active users.
- Drive a culture of continuously shipping new features on time and maintaining a high-quality bar.
- Continuously monitor team structure and investment levels providing recommendations for optimizations.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- Have 10+ years of experience across various areas of software development front end, back end, data, and insights, and have hands-on experience.
- Have 3+ years of experience running or using large-scale infrastructure supporting a cloud service in a public cloud provider, preferably AWS and/or MS Azure.
- Have extensive experience with Agile process, continuous integration, and test automation to build software services and associated infrastructure supporting monitoring, alerting, and tooling required to operate it.
- Can demonstrate a proven ability to hire, develop and mentor top technical talent. And, take pride in and responsibility for building diverse teams.
- Provide Technical leadership experience in design, implementation, and support of core back end, front end, and database services that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable. And, can apply good judgment to the steepest software engineering challenges.
- You set high standards and can demonstrate a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Have excellent communication skills and comfort in a globally distributed work culture
- Have built Security products in the past. This is not a requirement, you will be surrounded by folks who love security - you will work to enable them, turning their ideas into robust customer-facing Products.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth company
- Prior experience as a Director of Engineering
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $195,000year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.