Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Extensibility Engineering team to help us reinvent how we provide an ultra-low latency, secure, and scalable runtime environment for untrusted Extensibility code from our customers and partners, such as Actions, Rules, and Hooks.
Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing and operating cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of security and isolation challenges in running untrusted code, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the foundation of Auth0's next generation of Extensibility.
What you will do:
- As part of a high caliber engineering team, you will collaborate with Product and Security teams to define and continually improve Auth0’s Extensibility stack and architecture.
- Design, architect, and document large scale distributed systems for running untrusted code in a secured way.
- Implement features across different layers of the Extensibility stack using technologies such as AWS, Azure, Node.js, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes.
- Drive technical decision making while striving to hit the right balance between factors such as simplicity, flexibility, reliability, and performance.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's Extensibility architecture, performance, observability, security controls, and best practices.
- As part of our on-call rotation, strive for operational excellence and continuous improvements to provide highly-available Extensibility services.
What you bring:
- Passion and thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale.
- Application security and cloud security best practices.
- You have previous experience in software development building distributed systems (Node.js and/or Go preferred but not required).
- You have exposure to API-driven applications using REST and/or gRPC.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- 5+ years of experience working on large-scale cloud services.
- Experience with sandboxing untrusted code or tenant isolation (both preferred but not required)
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.