Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
We are growing the Auth0 Private Cloud Operations team and are looking for experienced Systems Engineers. You would be a great fit for the team if you enjoy challenging problems and are passionate about customers. Not only are we looking for talented engineers, but we are also looking for people who will contribute to our great culture.
Many of our largest customers rely on our dedicated Private Cloud (PSaaS) to build identity solutions in their products. The Private Cloud Operations team is responsible for deploying and maintaining these environments. We are dedicated to continually improving the way we work while staying committed to providing an excellent level of support for our customers.
You’d love this opportunity if you want to contribute to our mission "to secure the world's identities so innovators can innovate”. You will fit right in if you care deeply about serving customers and feel passionate about how security, reliability, and scalability positively impact customer value.
What you'll be working with:
- AWS services and resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB/ALB, VPC, RDS, SNS, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, IAM
- Ubuntu Linux, Nginx, MongoDB, Docker, Postgres
- Standard protocols like HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS, SSH, TCP/IP
- Custom deployment tools leveraging Terraform, Python, Ruby, and Puppet
- Version control using Git and Github
- Observability tools - Pagerduty, Pingdom, Datadog, SumoLogic
- Communication tools - Slack, Zoom, Atlassian, GSuite, Salesforce
How you’ll succeed:
- Contribute to a passionate and dedicated cross-functional team, fully remote and distributed in many regions across the globe
- Collaborate with many other technical and service teams across the organization
- Respond to emerging issues impacting our customers, providing troubleshooting, triage, diagnosis, root cause analysis, and resolutions
- Leverage your advanced knowledge of Linux engineering and internals; including services, networking, and file systems
- Provide excellent support during customer interactions through tickets or calls
- Deploy and secure new private, dedicated customer environments on AWS
- Maintain and update platform infrastructure
- Perform application setup, integrations, configuration, and updates
- Train with and learn from your experienced and knowledgeable teammates
- Apply critical thinking in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; a sense of urgency is a must
- Fill the gap between front lines support and product engineering, especially when core engineering support is limited
- Delve into product features, troubleshooting and reverse engineering in order to resolve issues and report bugs
- Explore ways to improve processes and automate everyday tasks
- Dig into problems to understand, document, and prevent root causes
- Augment and refine critical and growing documentation
- Troubleshoot complicated network connectivity issues with an advanced understanding of concepts like routing, firewalls, ACLs, Security Groups, etc.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.