We are Auros!
A high-frequency trading firm operating in the global cryptocurrency market. We have offices based in New York and Hong Kong, we are a 24/7/365 business, trading digital assets across 10+ locations around the globe driven by a team of world-class talent that spans 5 continents. We are one of the largest participants in the market, trading a significant share of global market turnover. We combine a systematic approach with our sophisticated pricing models and state-of-the-art execution capabilities, iterating regularly to ensure we have robust, reliable trading performance.
Summary of Position:
As a Support Engineer in the IT Operations team, you'll be part of a small team tackling technical support issues across the business. You will support a small bustling office of around 20-30 people, whilst also providing assistance to the greater global team. You will enjoy autonomy in your role, whilst being supported by and learning from a broader team of IT Ops professionals. You'll be responsible for supporting operations by:
- Being the day to day first representative of our IT Operations team to the business
- Conducting initial 1st line support, escalating and triaging issues, both in the office and with remote employees
- Endpoint management and security across Windows, Mac and Linux desktops both in person and remote
- AWS cloud management for our fleet of Linux servers. Including spinning up new servers, deploying updates to our existing servers or investigating and resolving performance issues.
- Management of our cloud networking infrastructure
- Assisting with inventory and management across multiple offices
- Supporting new employees with their IT systems onboarding
- Continuing to develop your knowledge of networking and infrastructure, and keeping up to date with the latest developments in the industry, as needed.
For you to be successful in the role, you’ll need to have:
- A pragmatic and learning mindset with a willingness to work with different technologies, people and problems.
- The ability to work independently, ask for help when needed, and also be able to manage your own workload
- Hands on experience with configuration management systems (eg. Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with administration of large scale Linux deployments
- Experience with server, network and/or database administration within cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Solid understanding and experience in TCP/IP networking, routing and best practices for network security
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Some optional but highly desirable qualifications:
- A qualification in networking, such as CCNA or similar
- Bash or python scripting knowledge
- Azure Active Directory experience