Aura is on a mission to create a safer internet. In a world where our lives are increasingly online, Aura's category-defining suite of intelligent digital safety products help millions of customers protect themselves against digital threats, and that number is growing rapidly. Aura is in an exciting phase of hyper-growth, and our team of close to 700 people worldwide is guided by a leadership slate that's successfully grown startups into multi-billion dollar organizations.
Come join us for the ride!
About the Role:
Aura is seeking an expert deal maker who will be responsible for growth of its consumer cyber security solutions through marquee partnerships. This person will anticipate growth segments for Aura, and become an expert in identifying, sourcing, and negotiating creative partnerships that deliver business impact for both parties. This person will partner with cross-functional teams, internally and externally, to articulate deal terms and evaluation, ultimately selling into decision makers at both organizations. The ideal candidate brings proven experience in consumer technology; SaaS and product sensibilities; high quantitative competence; and a history of closing high visibility deals.
Day to Day:
• Operate in white space by putting pen to paper to shape the strategy for growth through partnerships within 1 - 2 verticals (e.g. finance, smb, etc), including target partners and value propositions
• Deliver on strategy by launching 2-3 highly visible, blue print deals each year with potential for scale
• Shape cases and deal terms so that Aura can efficiently evaluate deal opportunities against growth metrics; preempt concerns from your cross-functional partners
• Work cross-functionally across the organization, partnering with Strategy, Marketing, Product, Finance, etc, to evaluate and advocate for trade-offs in negotiations while being judicious with your colleagues' time
• Contribute to the build-out of the BD function, including creating a collaborative team culture and offering input into internal process development, such as forecasting and P&L management activities
What you bring to the table:
• 15+ years of demonstrated ability in a highly analytical + strategic external-facing role.
• Expert in negotiations and creative tradeoffs
• Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, multi-time zone environment
• Highly organized and comfortable leading multiple work streams at once
• Excellent verbal and PowerPoint communicator; dexterous communication style that reaches a range of audiences from C-Suite to associates, across all functions
• Proficient in working in MS Excel to perform deal modeling
• Self motivation and accountability; you will directly generate deal flow and own it soup to nuts
• Be discerning. Know which partners to engage and which to spend less time exploring. Less is more
• A strong teammate (no job is too small or too large)!
• Prior consulting or banking experience / MBA preferred
• Start up experience (particularly with a learning culture) is a plus
Aura is proud to be an equal employment workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any protected category. Beyond equal employment opportunity, Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome.
Aura is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know.