Aura is on a mission to create a safer internet. In a world where our lives are increasingly online, Aura's category-defining suite of intelligent digital safety products help millions of customers protect themselves against digital threats, and that number is growing rapidly. Aura is in an exciting phase of hyper-growth, and our team of close to 700 people worldwide is guided by a leadership slate that's successfully grown startups into multi-billion dollar organizations.
Come join us for the ride!
About the Role:
- The Platform Engineer will architect, build and maintain services like authentication, billing, notifications, events and much more.
- The Aura platform uses modern technology like serverless architecture and infrastructure as code to provide efficient and scalable services with reliability and consistency to millions of customers.
- Our stack today is fully on AWS, with Lambda Functions, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, and API Gateway, but we’re always open to using the best tool for the job. We work quickly, with a thin agile process, and focus on outcomes. There’s not a big architecture committee or review board —we are trusting our team to build our solutions to help us scale for the future.
Day to Day:
- Contributing to the code - We are all coders here, and at the end of the day writing TypeScript and Terraform is our core responsibility.
- Designing new Platform features - We believe that every engineer should participate in designing and architecting the platform.
- Collaborating with the team - Despite being a fully-remote team, we are very collaborative—sharing ideas, participating in code and design reviews, and helping each other through hard problems.
- Keeping the lights on - Aura Platform is already a large-scale production system, and it is our responsibility to ensure that it continues to operate smoothly.
- Supporting other teams - The success of the platform depends on other engineering teams at Aura using it effectively, and we strive to enable every team to do so.
- Improving our core technology - The platform is built on a combination of open source, commercial, and in-house technologies that enables it to be scalable and secure. We continue to innovate on our underlying framework to be even stronger and more flexible.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience building systems that handle traffic at scale
- Experience with Node.js in a production environment
- Have worked with AWS or another cloud platform
- Experience working in a team environment
- Creativity and flexibility—we’re still small and growing, so our path is not set in stone
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Knowledge of a an infrastructure as code language like Terraform or CloudFormation (Terraform preferred)
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with TypeScript and/or React
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.