August is looking for a Test Engineering Manager to play a critical role for product development and sustaining. In this role, you will own the testing relationship with Asian manufacturing partners in regards to all aspects of manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success shipping high volume production of Bluetooth/Wifi/Z-wave Consumer Electronics products for the home with high quality and at a reasonable cost in collaboration with Asian manufacturing partners.
The candidate will have experience ensuring testing readiness at Asian manufacturing sites before moving from one product development stage to the next. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Functional test process set up, manufacturing partner line/fixture/procedure review, manufacturing yield enhancement, and field failure analysis.
Our ideal candidate will be efficient and results-oriented in a fast-moving environment, and have a passion for consumer electronics devices!
Successful candidates will possess deep analytical capabilities, strong communication skills, and robust experience with setting up consumer product testing in Asia. Additionally, they will demonstrate the ability to collaborate with different functions, focus on achieving practical business impact and interface at both working team and exec levels.
- Drive the Functional test process setup in development phase through collaboration with internal product, hardware, software and firmware teams.
- Review and approve testing jigs and fixtures for suitability and to ensure line capacity meets production requirements.
- Develop/sustain testing scripts and maintain them through product end of life.
- Define August manufacturing requirement documentation and ensure implementation through line inspection and procedure reviews.
- Collaborate with quality function to set up an outgoing quality functional test and ensure the manufacturing process will produce products that meet company quality targets.
- Manage and drive Asian subcontractors in mass production as main engineering contact in weekly phone calls and provide on-site support as needed to review product and process readiness. Collaborate with operations team to support cost reduction activities including functional test and process flow optimization through analysis of manufacturing data.
- Submit, review or approve manufacturing and test related documentation in Arena PDM system.
- Ensure all manufacturing & test deliverables meet committed aggressive schedules.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineering degree with 8+ years of experience in Consumer Electronics (non-IC) manufacturing support using outsourced manufacturing with Asian manufacturing partners.
- Experience developing testing for Bluetooth/Wifi/Z-wave consumer electronics for the home
- Experience developing/updating/maintaining test software
- Demonstrated experience bringing up new products at Asian manufacturing partners with high yield and high quality at a reasonable cost.
- Demonstrated experience to rapidly determine root cause of manufacturing issues and drivingworking solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Demonstrated experience to determine root cause of functional failures from field returns and driving working solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Attention to accuracy and details; must be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to quickly recognize and reconcile conflicts.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to deliver results through others
- Proven ability to lead, develop, motivate and hold others accountable.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives.
- Strong organizational skills; managing many diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities.
- Experience working in a fast paced consumer electronics company
- International Travel, 25%.
August is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance August will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.