August is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to drive development and release of its new upcoming devices. As an EPM, you will manage interactions between in-house engineering teams and manufacturing partners to develop a plan, then ensure execution and development of new consumer electronic devices, anticipating risks and driving the team to a successful launch. The ideal candidate will also help to define and evolve release processes to improve quality and efficiency of August product releases.
- Define and drive new device release schedules to meet the company’s business goals
- Drive cross-functional teams across mechanical, electrical and software engineering to build plan and drive execution
- Identify interdependencies in complex systems involving electronics, mechanicals, firmware, front-end and back-end
- Anticipate risks throughout the development of complex consumer electronic devices, develop mitigation plans
- Own relationship with manufacturing partners to understand risks and drive successful execution
- Report status of programs at executive level
- Work with Product Management to negotiate schedule/cost/feature tradeoffs
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Technical project management: tracking dates and requirements in a complex environment involving multiple products, platforms and technologies ( electronics, mechanicals, embedded SW, mobile apps, backend)
- Strong scope management and project reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams and drive action
- Highly organized with an eye for detail
- Capable of managing complex feature dependencies to guarantee quality
- Able to create reports and scorecards that accurately summarize complex information
- Skilled at working with a variety of stakeholders, including engineering, product management, manufacturing, marketing, customer support, sales and senior management
- Engineering background required (EE or ME preferred)
- Prior experience working on consumer electronic devices required (video or electro-mechanical devices preferred)
August is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance August will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.