August Home is the leader in smart front door products including smart locks and video doorbells. Our products enable consumers to enjoy total control and access to their front door from their smartphone. August is a independently run subsidiary of Assa Abloy, Inc., the $9 Billion Revenue global leader in door opening solutions.
August is searching for a Senior Product Manager who will own the vision for August’s Camera product line, and the detailed product requirements and use cases for next generation devices, features and services tied to it. The ideal candidate has experience with defining Consumer Electronic devices, is passionate about building new customer experiences, and will interact with both the hardware and software engineering team on a daily basis to drive delivery of high-complexity, high-quality products that delight customers.
- Define a product vision that impresses users and inspires the development team
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team in building out new features
- Write Product Requirement Documents that clearly communicate key objectives
- Develop, refine, prioritize and track the implementation of requirements and new features
- Collect customer feedback, develop insights of customer behavior and pain points
- Design usability studies, run them, and improve product features based on the results
- Make recommendations for difficult tradeoffs relating to product features, cost and schedule
- Deliver and launch new unique and innovative devices
- Five to ten years of experience in consumer electronics Product Management
- Engineering or technical background, MBA is a plus
- Proven experience in managing across the complete product lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life
- Excellent communication skills, expert at influencing cross functional groups and a matrix organization
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fast-pace environments
- Skilled and experienced in developing best-in-class connected devices solutions, across both hardware and software
- Prior experience in IP cameras products is a plus
August is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance August will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.